People all over the world consume peanuts on an everyday basis whether it is popping these nuts in as a snack or adding them for a tangy taste in stir fry.
Here are some nutritious fun facts about this tasty nut:
- Peanuts have almost zero cholesterol! That’s just one of many reasons why peanuts are such a popular ingredient, snack and super-food!
- Peanuts actually grow underground, as opposed to nuts like walnuts, almonds, etc.
- In the U.S., peanuts and peanut butter are the most popular nut choice and comprise 67% of all nut consumption.
- Peanuts and peanut butter are whole foods that pack a lot of nutrition into just one serving.
- Peanuts fall into four basic types: Runner, Virginia, Spanish and Valencia. Each of these peanuts is distinctive in size and flavor.
- Peanuts can give you a boost of energy and keep you full longer.