By Camoy Briscoe of BlackWomenWorkout.com
I make smoothies just about everyday whether I mix protein in or not. I know brussel sprouts sound a little harsh, but you should not be scared of adding veggies because while you’re getting all of your necessary fruits AND vegetables, you will only be tasting the fruit!
Did you know thatbrussel sprouts help produce collagen in the skin which keeps it supple and prevents wrinkles? And brussel sprouts are MUCH cheaper than expensive face cream!
All you need to make a smoothie is a blender such as the Vitamix or the Ninja (which I use), ten minutes of your time and the following ingredients washed and ready to be blended!
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts
- 1 plum
- 1 tablespoon of grounded flaxseed
- 1 cup of water or almond milk
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Live Rite (optional)
- Start by adding the liquid, powder and ice to your blender followed by the soft fruit. Add the plum to your blender last.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
- Next add the flaxseed and blend for another minute .
- You can tweak until you find the combination that’s right for you and your tastes but remember fruit is high in sugar so try not to exceed the daily requirement of 3 servings.
Camoy Briscoe is a proud juicer & fitness junkie who believes “if you look good, you feel good, then you’ll do good!” You can follow her on twitter and instagram @camoybriscoe and read her blog at BlackWomenWorkout.com