Each year as my birthday rolls around, I search for an acceptably healthy birthday dessert to serve to my co-workers, friends, and family. This year, I decided to compile a guilt-free angel food cake recipe with a boost in protein. Serve at your next milestone event, or just as a light and nutritious dessert anytime!
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 2 scoops Vanilla Live Rite protein powder sifted with flour
- 12 egg whites
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor (I use my Magic Bullet), blend sugar for 2 minutes. You should notice a shift in consistency.
3. Sift the flour with the Live Rite protein powder and half of the sugar you just blended.
4. Beat egg whites, water, vanilla extract, and cream of tartar together with an electric mixer until smooth.