With the frigid temperatures, it’s easy to get swept up in the holiday spirit. Union Square member, Emily G., came in to the gym positively glowing after a stop at the nearby Holiday Market, and together we came up with the perfect holiday tribute: a chocolate peppermint shake. Kick start your holidays with this delicious “holiday in a glass”.
Here’s what you’ll need for a single serving. Feel free to double it up to help your friends and family get into the holiday spirit.
- 1 scoop Chocolate Liverite protein powder
- 3-4 drops of peppermint extract
- 6oz unsweetened chocolate almond milk (you can substitute skim milk)
- 1/2 a crushed candy cane for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients (except the candy cane) in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass (or 2 if you’re sharing) and top with a dusting of candy cane pieces.
*Heat your milk before blending for a toasty treat that will keep you warm while you walk through your neighborhood looking at all the holiday lights*