Who doesn’t love the luxurious and pampered feeling of applying a face mask or scrub? Unfortunately, going to a spa to get a facial can be extremely costly for those of us on a tight budget. Store-bought face masks and scrubs are another option, but they can still be expensive and the added chemicals in them are not always beneficial for your skin.
The solution? Make your own natural exfoliating face scrub at home with just a few simple ingredients. It’s cheap, easy, and your skin will thank you!
Pumpkin Sugar & Spice Scrub
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wisk together all ingredients and apply to face.
- For oily skin, add a splash of apple cider vinegar for an astringent effect.
- Pumpkin’s natural enzymes gently exfoliate the skin, while zinc combats blemishes.
- 1/2 cup dried orange peels
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon finely ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet orange essential oil (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix until well blended and apply to face.
- Grainy oatmeal is not only a natural exfoliator, but it also absorbs surface dirt and oils.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of milk (whole milk is best)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pat mixture onto face.
- The fat and proteins in the milk plump and strengthen skin.
- Honey is a natural humectant, it helps attract and retain moisture.
Scrub Directions & Tips
- Start by tying hair back and washing your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Open up pores by taking a hot shower, or placing a warm cloth on your face for a few minutes.
- Prepare the scrub and apply it to your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Gently massage and rub the mixture onto your skin.
- For added benefits, leave the scrub on your face for a few minutes, letting the ingredients absorb into the skin.
- Rinse off with warm water, making sure to cleanse skin thoroughly.
- Enjoy fresh, smooth, rejuvenated skin!