Who doesn’t love diving into a crispy, juicy slice of watermelon when it’s hot outside? It’s fragrant, watery, and tempting. It makes summer sweet and refreshing! Due to its high water content of 92%, it will quench your thirst and gives you a sense of satiety for a longer period of time.
It’s a delectable way to satisfy your thirst, hunger, and a craving for something sweet. Low in calories, full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, watermelon can be added to your salads, smoothies, or desserts.
Beat the heat with this Watermelon Summer Salad recipe!
- 6 cups watermelon (cubed, seeded, and peeled)
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in thin half-moon slices
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (It acts as an appetite suppressant, boosts your metabolism, and reduces water retention.)
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chill melon before preparing, especially if it’s very ripe. Combine all ingredients gently.