Looking for a tasty snack, but don’t want to put on the pounds? Get your taste buds ready for this one…Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Bites! Yes, this recipe does call for chocolate, but don’t worry you can indulge with these tasty snacks and not feel bad about it.
Even if you’re not the biggest fan of bananas, there is something about adding the dynamic duo of chocolate and peanut butter to them that is magic in one bite. These guys are like bonbons, only healthier.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 bananas (chilled in the fridge)
- 10 oz baking dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup smooth salted peanut butter
- Wax paper
Tip: Make sure you have medium ripe bananas! Unripe, these treats will be tasteless and fully ripped will be too hard to handle.
- Slice bananas crosswise into 1/4″-inch pieces.
- Arrange half of the banana slices on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the peanut butter on the slices then top them with the remaining slices.
- Put them in the freezer to chill for about an hour or till mostly frozen.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate (about 6.5 oz). When still hot, add in remaining chocolate and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Moving quickly, remove bananas from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate cleaning up the excess. Sprinkle peanut bits on top if you want more crunch!
- Pop them back in the freezer for at least three hours or until ready to be served.
CAUTION: This treat is highly addictive, be warned.
Top photo via My Happy Place.
Bottom photo via Not Enough Cinnamon.