Are you grilling this weekend? An average cheeseburger packs 319 calories and 18-23 grams of fat. You can build yourself a better burger with these great swaps.
Trade the White Bun for:
- 100% whole wheat or whole grain bun
- Portobello mushroom caps
- Sturdy lettuce or cabbage leaves
Pick a Prime Patty:
- Upgrade your beef to a 96% lean cut.
- Swap beef for lean turkey.
- Mix chopped veggies into your patty for some extra flavor and fiber.
- Trade in your patty for a portobello mushroom cap or a veggie burger
Trim Down the Trimmings:
- Choose full flavor but low-fat: mustard, ketchup, relish, and salsa pack as much flavor as mayo with much lower sodium, fat, and calories.
- Load up on fresh veggies, like tomatoes, onion, and pickle slices.
- Trade out full fat cheese for a low-fat variety or avocado slices.