Staying motivated during the summer months is no easy task. So don’t let all your hard work go down the drain by using these five ways to make fitness a habit this season and all year long:
- Make exercise a priority. To see results, you have to commit yourself. It has to be non-negotiable for you to succeed.
- Do a variety of activities you enjoy. Just because you have a routine, doesn’t mean it needs to feel routine. Adding variety to your workouts – running, bike riding, hiking, tennis, aerobics – will ensure that you can stay active regardless of the weather or time of day.
- Exercise first thing in the morning. Getting up early can be a drag, but experts agree that a morning workout schedule is best. It’ll leave you energized for the rest of the day!
- You may let yourself off the hook, but your friends won’t. Set up a time to go for a run or meet at the gym with your BFF. You’ll be more obligated to get going if you know your friend is waiting.
- Log your activity. Write down everything that’s important to you. From how long you exercise each day to how much weight you can lift, logging your goals and progress is essential for your success.