Let’s be more thankful for the world we live in today and everyday by using these helpful tips to green up your workout:
1. Donate your sneakers. When your sneaks are looking worn and lack the support you need for a good workout, donate them! “Nike Reuse-a-Shoe takes worn out athletic shoes and grinds them down to create a new material called Nike Grind, which is used to make high-quality sports surfaces including courts, turf fields, tracks and more.” And the not-for-profit Soles4Souls has donated over 13 million pairs of gently used shoes to people in 125 countries.
2. Get a reusable water bottle. In the US, only 27% of plastic bottles are recycled. Crazy right? Choose to do more for the environment by picking up a reusable water bottle for your workouts.
3. Walk or bike to work. If you can, opt out of using your car or mass transit. It will save you money and you’ll also get some low-impact exercise!
4. Exercise outside. Bring your exercise outdoors on this beautiful day and enjoy the weather! Go for a run/jog and then take your routine to a comfy spot on the grass. You won’t be sorry.
5. Use eco-friendly workout gear. Lululemon is a great choice to look stylish and be eco-conscious. The company not only makes sure that waste is limited during the design and production stages but also builds its stores using recycled materials. Natural Fitness also provides everything you need for a green workout, including balance balls, resistance tubes, and reconstructed yoga totes and mat bags.