This is a recipe inspired by Iron Chef Cat Cora. I took the recipe and made it my own. It sounds weird to use cinnamon, but trust me–you must use it! I almost didn’t use it the first time I tried this recipe, but I am so glad I did!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Garlic (to taste)
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Combine flour and cinnamon in separate bowl.
2. Coat the chicken in flour mixture and add chicken to hot skillet. Brown on both sides (3-5 minutes each side).
3. Pull chicken out and add garlic and all liquid ingredients to skillet. Cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken and simmer until fully cooked. If desired, you can add any leftover flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
Serve with brown or wild rice or with whole wheat egg noodles. Don’t forget to have fun with it–you can add carrots or mushrooms or zuccini or whatever you like!