The recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day is not so tough if you add 1-2 servings every time you eat. If you add just 1 portion of fruits and veggies to your 6 small meals per day, that will add up to 6 portions of fruits and veggies a day. The fiber will help fill you up and keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal.
There are many ways to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. Here are just a few ideas:
- Add berries to cereal.
- Add veggies to your egg whites.
- Have a big salad with your lunch (low-fat dressing on the side).
- Have a fruit or some raw vegetables as your snack.
- Eat 2-3 veggies with your dinner.
- Try one of our latest vegetable recipes, like Midge’s Hearty Vegetable Soup or Ilise’s Zucchini Boats!