It may not be bikini season, but few women will deny their desire for a tighter, firmer, more sculpted butt. And stars like Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, Alessandra Ambrosio and Jessica Biel leave us with serious tush-envy. With an arsenal of trainers at their disposal, these women keep their bodies (and butts) in tip-top shape.
But you don’t need to shell out a fortune to score an A-list butt! We’ve got the scoop from celebrity trainers on moves that will have you lunging and squatting your way to Hollywood-worthy buns.
Best known for her curvy body and shapely behind, Jennifer Lopez is proof that even motherhood can’t stop you from having a great butt. Jennifer’s trainer, Gunnar Peterson, suggests exercises that isolate and target glutes for a great lower body workout. One of his favorite moves to sculpt Jennifer’s signature behind is the Twisting Lunge.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides. Then take a large step backward with your left foot
- Turn so that your upper body is facing to your left, your right foot is pointed forward and your left foot is now pointing out to your left.
- Lower hands toward the floor over your right leg, keeping your left knee in line with left ankle.
- Come back up and pivot back to center.
- Repeat on opposite leg, and pivot right leg and upper body to the right.
- Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps, alternating legs.
When she’s not on stage with the Black Eyed Peas, Fergie is most often seen in her workout gear, getting in exercise whenever she can. All that hard work has paid off, with killer legs and glutes to show for it. To burn mega calories and tone her butt, Fergie incorporates Lateral Shuffle Squats into her routine.
Lateral Shuffle Squat:
- Stand with a bench or aerobic step on your left side.
- Place your left foot on the step, keeping your right foot on the floor, lower into a squat.
- Push off right foot, shuffle up and over the step, lowering into a squat with your left foot now on the floor and your right leg on the top of the step.
- Shuffle from side to side, 20 squats in total.
- Take a 30-45 second rest and repeat the exercise.
Victoria’s Secret models have some of the most enviable bodies, and Alessandra Ambrosio is no exception. The Brazilian supermodel keeps her butt tight and toned with the help of her trainer Leandro Carvalho’s “Brazilian Butt Lift” workout. If you don’t want to splurge on the workout DVD, here’s one move you can try: the Plie Squat.
- Stand with legs 2-3 feet apart, toes turned outward.
- With hands on your hips, push hips back and lower down into a squat until thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Push through your heels and return to standing start position
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
The actress of Total Recall and now wife to Justin Timberlake, is no stranger to exercise. Jessica Biel usually takes her workouts outdoors; biking, walking her dogs, or running, but she also hits the gym with her trainer Jason Walsh for added toning exercises. A great move Walsh suggests to score sculpted glutes like Jessica are Walking Lunges.
- Begin with feet shoulder-width apart. You can do this exercise with or without dumbbells or a weighted bar across your shoulders.
- Step forward with your right leg and lower down into a lunge.
- Keep your chest up, right thigh parallel to the ground and left knee 1-2 inches from the floor.
- Come up from lunge to standing start position, stepping left leg next to right leg.
- Step forward with your left leg, maintaining proper form throughout.
- Do 10 lunges, alternating legs. Repeat for 3 sets.