Snow is not the only factor you have to worry about in this wintery weather. Static happens when your hair picks up an electrical charge from the dry air. This beauty mishap is common in the colder months because there is less moisture in the air.
So what’s a girl to do?
One way you can fight the static is to switch to a more hydrating shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. You can also opt to use a tourmaline or ionic hair dryer because they don’t suck out moisture like regular dryers can.
For even more protection, try one of these solutions to help avoid wild locks:
- Rub an antifrizz cream (like Bumble and bumble defrizz, $20) on just the tips of your hair to avoid greasy buildup.
- Apply a rich conditioning spray to lock in moisture and beat static (like Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist, $5)
And if all else fails, always have a couple dryer sheets handy!
For more quick beauty fix tips:
- Beauty 911: Tame Those Flyaways!
- Beauty 911: Say Good-bye To Under Eye Circles!
- Chapped Lips? Find Out What’s Causing It!