Working up a sweat at the gym is great for your body, but can wreak havoc on your skin and hair. Here are ten beauty essentials to keep in your bag to beat that post-workout funk.
1. Cleansing wipes: It’s important after sweating it out, that you clean your face of bacteria and residue left on your skin. Use these cleansing wipes for a quick wipe-down to prevent future breakouts.
2. Deodorant: The most common post-workout problem is having stinky pits. Freshen up on the go by keeping a travel size deodorant in your bag, swipe it on before you head out the door.
3. Body Spray: Another product to have on hand to combat smelly body odor is body spray. Choose a light, fresh scent like citrus or cucumber for an extra pick-me-up.
4. Lip Balm: Swipe on some lip balm (with SPF for added protection) after your workout. Tinted balms give a sheer wash of color to brighten up your face.
5. Body Wash: If you have time for a shower after your gym sesh, having body wash in your stash is a must. Pick a wash with a moisturizer to keep skin clean and smooth.
6. Hair ties/Headband: Necessary for all workouts! Keep hair out of your face during that Zumba class with “ouchless” hair ties or a headband.
7. Facial Cleanser: If you have a few minutes to spare after your workout, use a full facial cleanser. A scrub will exfoliate skin and combat blemishes.
8. Disposable Razor: For those that have time to take a full shower, you may want to keep a disposable razor in your bag. Keep second-day stubble at bay and throw out the razor when you’re done.
9. Dry Shampoo: Refresh your hair between washes with a dry shampoo. It’s made to remove excess oil and buildup without water, so you’re good to go in a flash!
10. Moisturizer: To hydrate dry skin after all that cleansing, moisturizer is key. Choose one with SPF for extra sun protection to keep skin looking radiant.